« Home | Hair Today, Hair Tomorrow » | My Savior » | Catching My Breath - Part IV » | Guest Appearance VI » | Another Wedding » | Inspirational Moment » | Catching My Breath - Part III » | Catching My Breath - Part II » | Commercial Break » | Catching My Breath - Part I » 

Friday, July 27, 2007 

I'm Back!

Talking to you, it's your son Father
I can't believe all the things
We have done to each other
The problem I find
In all my years the danger is high
Though your love is near
So what can be done to heal each other
I hold my head up high to ease the pain
But quite frankly lord
I don't know how much more this world can take
Yes we truly need more love for each other
Lord it's me, it's your son
Trying to take a stand for peace
Like your other one
Send us your love
Cause we need each other
Mmmmm
We need, we truly need each other
-Kem

Okay for real... it's August?! The last time I blogged was... oh my, January. Why is time speeding up?

The latest: I just got back from Las Vegas. It was my second vacation this month. I went with my sista-friend, her son and his basketball team for a tournament (The Main Event). We were there for six days. Too many days, too many teenagers, too many personalities (adult), too many smokers. However, it was a fun trip most of the time. The team didn't do as well as we'd like but it was fun hanging out with twelve 15 year old boys. (Who can understand what goes on in their heads?!) And my nephew is now known for having not only a cool mom but a cool aunt too!

Two weeks prior to that I was in St. Louis visiting the family. That was the relaxing vacation. Sleeping in and doing whatever I felt like. I even learned a new workout that I want to continue - boxing! My youngest uncle took me to the YMCA with him to workout (he's been my sports trainer all of my life so hanging at the gym/court/field is what we do). He does a boxing class 2-3 times a week, then hits the steam room and jacuzzi. Two and a half / three hours at the gym - I'm in heaven!

When I agreed to go with him I thought it was like a kickboxing aerobic class. But when we got there I found out it was a "wrap your hands and put on the gloves" boxing class. We weren't in a ring but we did three minute rounds with a trainer using punch mitts. I had to throw punches according to where and how he held his hands. I had to throw jabs, hooks, uppercuts, power punches and combinations. All while chasing, retreating and/or being leaned on. I have a new respect for fighters. It was a workout! And I wasn't even getting hit back! Now I'm looking for the same kind of class here. I have to get the right equipment though because I hurt my left hand punching without being wrapped under the gloves (I had to use the Y's equipment and there were no hand wraps).

I also got to spend a lot of time with my little brother. It turns out he lives half a block down from my uncle (who I stayed with this time). We sat and talked, went to breakfast and even met our father for lunch one day. (My dad was very happy to see us together.) He's planning to visit me when his season is over. One thing that did surprise me, he's intent on my having a baby! I mean he mentions it almost every hour!

So here it is... my summer is over. I actually return to work Monday. Earlier than normal because this year I'm not teaching. I will be the assistant principal! New responsibilities, new headaches, new adventures. Oh and I'm also starting seminary in August. I'm going to have a lot to say.

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates