« Home | Adult Eyes » | Lesson learned » 

Thursday, July 14, 2005 

I Love Me Some Ray

There's a new phenomenon brought about by the outrageous growth of internet communities. Groups, blogs, web page hosting etc. People get online, get into a group and suddenly everyone's "sis" and "bruh." "I love you's" get thrown around willy nilly. People attach to each other quickly and, dare I say it, wholeheartedly. Only to be betrayed a week or two later.

Then come the complaints. "I can't believe s/he did that to me! I trusted him/her! Whoa is me!" And thus begins the drama of internet friendship breakup. And don't get me started about internet romances... Whatever happened to good old fashion building a friendship? You know. You meet someone via a shared interest and/or person. You spend time together. You get to know each other slowly. You come to care for each other's welfare and interests. You build a relationship. A r-e-l-a-t-i-o-n-s-h-i-p. Based on time tested faithfulness, loyalty and care.

What happened to make us stop listening to our grandmother's advice, "Babee, not everyone is yo friend...?" Hmmm, so just because I chat with you, email you, IM you, text you, and/or speak to you on the phone for, oh say, 10 days in a row, you may not be my friend? You may simply be an acquaintance? Hmmmm, now that's a thought!

So let me tell you about one of my best
friends. And when I say best friends, I mean best friends. Brothers of the heart. Not to be confused with brothers in blood. Those you don't choose. I mean these guys I would literally give my life for. If given the opportunity and brought before God I would say "take me instead Lord." And I know they would do the same for me.

But you know what's funny - he wasn't always one of my boyz. Actually I tried to limit him, relegate him to roadie for the band. I was not feeling him when he first came on the scene - at all! I had MY nice established circle - everyone had MY approval - and then here he comes. Hanging out. Trying to get in where he fit in.

Oooh, wee the things I did to him! The trials and tests I tried to put him through. But you know what? After all this time, he remains while the majority of the band is... who knows where, doing who knows what. Man I love me some Ray! He's in my top five (and there are only 10 at most) favorite people. I couldn't imagine not having him in my life.

He's goofy ("Why do I always look crazy in your pictures?"), intense, passionate, moody, brooding ("If I don't get THIS job, I don't know what I'll do!"), rigid (One word - Greybar), frustrating, loving, warm, loyal, strong, insane (Why did you make me laugh so hard I threw up at the restaurant table? You just couldn't let it go.), blunt, obtuse, ditzy ("Yes, my eyes are blue.")... He's my Ray. "Got fucgg, don't make me hit you..."

I love me some Ray!

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates