« Home | Commercial Break » | Catching My Breath - Part I » | About a man from a man » | Risk Taking » | How can I forget? » | Heartbreak and Blessing » | 2 seconds off yo ass! » | Sunday Blessings » | Guest Appearance V » | The News » 

Friday, July 14, 2006 

Catching My Breath - Part II

To watch you fly away
like doves do
and crush me
i need you
this air i breathe
like the trees and leaves
we go together like hand in glove
so don't pretend
that love ain't closing in
that i don't recognize
that you don't realize
that we're drawn to (drawn to) one another
friends or lovers
[guy] gotta choose right now
-Raheem DeVaughn
Continuing with home...

I am a new, first time home owner! Well, I'm about to be. I just signed my mortgage papers on a new townhouse. It's currently being built and my walk through date is the 7th; closing is the 14th.

I decided when I was having my taxes done for last year, that I would buy a home this year. As my tax accountant said, "Gurl, you either need to have a baby or buy a house. The government is LOVIN' you!" And she's right. Uncle Sam is/has been loving me. I'm single, no kids, no house, therefore no tax write-offs. Yeah, he's been licking his chops over my tax bill for awhile. And I could just kick myself for not doing this sooner.

See when I first graduated from college a friend told me to buy a house then. At that time housing was cheap in Denver. I could have purchased a brick, Victorian, turn of the century goldmine in a downtown, historically Black neighborhood for about what I'm paying for my townhouse in suburbia. But no, I was hard-headed. I wasn't planning to stay here more than a couple of years before going to film school in NYC or LA. I didn't want the hassle of trying to sell and I didn't want to be a landlord renting a property 50-11 miles away. Yeah, kicking myself right about now.

But even though it's in suburbia (I'm am so NOT a suburban girl - I need urban activity read "hood") and it's not a brick, Victorian I am excited about my new home. It's mine! No one will have lived there before me! All mine! Just me! And - here's the best part - I get to decorate it. Paint, window treatments, furniture, closet and pantry organizers (it's a fetish - just go with it), linens... etc.

I am a little sad that I will be alone in it. My daughter will be living on campus and he and I are no longer a possibility. When I was looking at places, I looked at things big enough for all three of us. But, guess what? I get to run around naked, NEKKID!, in my new home!! In about a month, that is...

Congrats on the home!!

Way to be! I want to buy an old graystone and fix that mug up. I love the city life as well even tho' it can work my nerves every now and then.

Excited for you.
What part of Denver are you in? I grew up in Montbello.

Way to be! I'm so city myself! :)

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates