« Home | Welcome to 2006! (Guest Appearance IV) » | New Year's Resolutions » | Secret Mission #5623 » | Smile through the Tears » | Strength » | Thankful » | Random Thoughts of Him » | 25 Hot Celebrity Men » | Kaleidoscope » | Sunday Distractions » 

Sunday, January 15, 2006 

The News

I hope
Life treats you kind
And I hope
You have all you've dreamed of
And I wish you joy
And happiness
But above all this
I wish you love
- Whitney Houston

What's up people? The sabbatical is over. Hold up - is it still a sabbatical when you're working frantically and frenetically? Well, the blog sabbatical is over at least. What's been going on? Even though I've been absent from the pen, I have still been present with the page. I wanna say a few words to some of my blog buddies who I continued to peep while I was away.
  • Zed - Bruh, you sure know how to keep a sista smiling and flat laughing out loud.
  • Dee Dee - hurry up and get the PC fixed so we can IM. I need you my sista, bad! But keep praying for me.
  • Hassan - Hang tight. Keep praying and keep the faith. I know how it feels to want to fold up but we also know how good the Lord is and how faithful He is to us.
  • Nameliar - Gurl, just be you! I love your style. Keep it real and don't settle just because the d*** is good.
  • Organized Noise - I feel like I spend my weekends in NYC thanks to your spot. Also we think so many of the same thoughts, we may have been separated at birth. Oh, but wait, I'm much older than you. Well, maybe we were twins in a past life. And I love you to life, but you gotta take the title "Denver Broncos" from above my name on your blog. I am an OAKLAND RAIDER fan, mortal enemies of any bronco fans. I understand the premise, so you can list me under Denver Nuggets (my first choice), Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, Denver Mammoths, Colorado Rapids, or Denver Crush (all Denver professional teams) but, please, don't put my name with the broncos!
  • Ms. Powderpink - I found your blog over the Christmas break and got in on the "No Bastard Kids" episodes. Wrong ain't right no matter how many people do it. Not that that makes the parents bad people (and it sure isn't a reflection on the kids - not their fault in any way, shape, or form) but it don't make them right either.
  • Humanity Critic - Who probably won't ever see this but, wow! Prolific writer aren't you? And got something to say about e'rrthang and e'rrone. Keep it coming.
  • Teej - A calm spot to visit everyday for a little smile.

So life has been... well, life. Christmas break was well needed and well used. I spent the first week performing in concerts for the season. One at church and one with the Denver Symphony Orchestra. I had two CD's released over the holiday and have been knee deep in distributing and promoting them. One is my church choir's own CD while the other is a joint effort with the symphony (from last year's performance). The second week was for sleeping, organizing the house and talking to him.

Work has been rip-roaring fun, too! We've had overcrowded classes since about October. The district projected our enrollment at 525 this year, so at the end of last year we had to cut teachers. Guess what, folks?! We have 650 students in the building so far and more transferring e'rrday. Therefore we (read I) had to scramble and revise the master class schedule to create smaller classes this semester. The new schedule went into effect last Tuesday (principal delays, don't ask) and, surprisingly with only a few glitches. Unfortunately it's not over; we (read I) still have to resolve a few issues and actually get it online. My hope is it will be completely done within the next two weeks.

The district also has a new superintendent. He was actually hired over the summer, but now he's starting to spell out his initiatives. One thing I know, my position has been eliminated as of next school year. Now I've got to decide what types of jobs I want to apply for next year. I could go back to full time teaching or I could go full time administration. I know I don't want to do the half and half thing anymore. I just don't feel like I give my best to either side when I do both. So I've decided to take my principal's licensing test next month instead of waiting until April. If I pass then it's over. If I don't then I'll know what to expect in April. But that's the only decision I've made so far.

Meanwhile, my principal / leadership program is going well. I can't believe I'm half way through. I'm contemplating doing the extra classes to get a master's degree but then again, do I really need another one? But then again it's only 2-3 more classes so why not? But then again, is there such a thing as being over-educated? But then again I do want to get a master's of divinity, which would be 3 master's degrees... is that too much? I guess I don't have to decide right now, but it's a thought that's been crossing my mind.

There's more, much more, on the emotional front, but honestly, I'm still too close to it to share yet. Although I think I need to write it out. So look for future entries on multiple topics, not the least of which are him. Keep bloggin' buddies! Until we meet again - your place or mine.

You quoted that damn Whitney Houston song, now it's gonna be in my head forever! The only way to make it up to me is to post a "club" pic. Booty to the camera, looking over ya shoulder.

KZ

I agree Zed can keep you laffin' and Teej is FAR from a calm spot... you sure we talking bout same Teej

LOL

later babes!

good to see you back...I will be checkin your page more often.

Hey Toneec nice to meet you. Didn't know that you were gone, but glad that you are back so that I can get ta-know-ya. Thanks for stopping by NBK.

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates