« Home | Provoked Thoughts » | Anniversary » | Shouting from the Mountaintop » | New Look » | Dreaming in Color, Living in Black and White (T's ... » | Jacked It! » | Secret Mission Number 4080 » | Guest Appearance II » | just because... » | Mission 5 Report - "187" » 

Saturday, October 29, 2005 

Anniversary Celebration(s)

"Drunk as hell but no throwin up
Half way home and my pager still blowin up
Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
- Ice Cube


Well the birthday week is (almost) officially over. While it wasn't as I expected it was still a good week. The weekend was extra long - 5 days. I was off for fall break the 20th & 21st and I took the actual day of my birth, the 24th, off. Thursday was a day of rest and relaxation. I had a deep conversation with the man I love which has had major ripple effects since (a later post maybe... maybe), so I didn't start the weekend off in the greatest of moods. Friday I continued the rest and relaxation but added a workout with my personal trainer.

Saturday I went to my "nephew's" junior league football game. It was sooooo boring! He is 13 and the league has a mercy rule. Once a team is up by four or more touchdowns, they have to play defense until the other team scores. Or the game ends. Or the game is called. My nephew's team scored their fourth touchdown at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. So there we sit/stand for two quarters waiting for the other team to score. By the end of the 2nd quarter we had put in our 3rd string defense. And the opposing team still couldn't score. For two quarters they couldn't - even - move - the - ball. The biggest yard gain they made was when our defense was penalized for roughing the passer. But they were quickly moved back to the original line of scrimmage.

By the time the referees called the game (our coaches even had the players not in the game strip out of their pads on the sidelines and put on their conference championship t-shirts by then) we had intercepted three or four passes, sacked the quarterback who knows how many times, and recovered four fumbles, only to have to give the ball back and stay on defense. Needless to say by the time it was called - we were waaaaayyyyy ready to go.

We left the field and went to a friend's parent's house. When we walked in the door her mother said, "Let's get this party started!" and the drinks were flowing. One o'clock in the afternoon we're drinking Jaguar Juice. I switched to margaritas because the Jaguar Juice was not tasty enough for me. Around 6pm we moved to a local bar continuing the party and drinking and adding men to the mix. By 11pm I was on my 50-11th margarita and a friend was threatening to buy me tequila shots. (Luckily he was so drunk he forgot what he went to the bar for and didn't get the shots.)

Sunday was church, of course, which we left a little early to go see a musical. The musical was "Ain't Misbehaving" and starred my sista-friend. Six of us attended to show our support and we applauded and hollered to let her know we were there. (It was a dinner playhouse, not the real theater. Although we've hooted and hollered in those places too for her.) After the matinee show, five of us (including her and another cast member) went to dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant - mmm, tiramisu - and back to the cast member's hotel room for more drinks - wine coolers, it was Sunday after all - prior to their evening performance.

Monday I slept in, did some work around the apartment, worked out with my trainer, then went to my sista-friend's (the one from the play) house for a birthday dinner. We had more pasta and birthday cake. And of course, more margaritas! Viva la tequila! It was just some of the sistahood and the kids until her husband came home around 10pm. I got to see and hold my new "nephew" - two weeks old - for the first time. We laughed, talked and had a great time. And I was in bed by 1 am. Yeah, all in all it was a good [few] day[s].

Sounds like you had a blast!

This makes me wanna put something together with my girls...Florida in Dec sounds good...:)

Get sober:)

Now that sounds like a birthday weekend. Hell that sounds like a good weekend birthday or not. Glad you had fun.

I was just cruising through. I am glad I am not the only one who uses the whole week to celebrate my birthday. Just leaving a random hello.

That sounds like a good time. I wish I still had my circle around me.

KZ

D -
Get sober?! I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

NameLiar -
I did have a good weekend even though it was tinged with a sadness.

Epi -
Thank you! I think everyone should do the same.

Zed -
Get you a new circle. Even the Anus has to have someone you can be friends with.

Tre -
Hey, now that's a thought...

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates