« Home | I want you » | Frustration vs Fatigue » | Guest Appearance III » | Someone Finally Found Me! » | 21 questions (give or take 35) » | He makes me wet » | Angel in a Box » | Bread of Heaven » | Guest Appearance I » | Bringing Tears » 

Monday, September 05, 2005 

Facets

I had a conversation the other day with God. We talked about facets. The many facets of a person. I think I knew everyone has facets that comprise who they are, but I just hadn't thought of it in the way He described it.

I have been struggling within my relationship for some time now and I couldn't put my finger on why. Then God spoke to me - I'm not able to share who I am with my current
significant other. I'm not able to share all the facets of who I am. And that got me to thinking - who am I? What are the different parts (facets) of my personality that make me, me? Who is Tonee?

The largest part of me is my faith. Yeah, I go to church weekly, I'm in several auxilaries and I'm well known in a medium size church but it's more than just the motions of belonging to a church for me. God is my best friend - we
communicate hourly. When I say "Hallelujah!" because one of my students finally caught on, I actually mean "hallelujah" as in "praise the Lord for His goodness." If I utter "Oh my God" then I really mean "Isn't He amazing in what He does" or "Only You can help us with this one, Lord." And my faith led me to the second largest part of my life - teaching.

Because of my relationship with God I have embarked on the last career of my life - teaching. I will be a teacher until I retire, and who knows I might start some kind of non-profit tutoring / kid outreach center after I retire. (Or I just might work as a substitute.) For me teaching is not a career but a mission or a ministry and I do it because He asked me to. And He has
blessed me abundantly for it.

I am also meant to be some man's helpmeet. I just don't know who yet. But I know that is my role, to be his wife, his fervent supporter, his best friend, his lover, his confidant, the protector of his heart, the mother of his children, and the warrior woman by his side.

I am a big sister, by blood and spirit. I am an aunt. I am a granddaughter, a daughter, a cousin, a
friend, and a mentor. I am a lover of the erotic and sensual. I am a ex-athlete, sports fanatic. I am a voracious reader and fledgling writer. I am a science fiction lover and movie buff. I am a techno geek (or wanna be techno geek). I am a jokester and a goof ball. I am an organizer and planner. I am a singer, producer, director, photographer, and artiste. I am generous and a spoiled-brat. I am a shop-a-holic with a shoe fetish. I am a control freak who just might want a dominant man. I am a go getter who likes to lounge in bed all day at least once or twice a month. I am a future world traveler.

And I deserve a
significant other who appreciates and supports all my facets just as I appreciate and support all his.

Oh my gosh! I am so glad that I am the first one to make a comment on this post:)

I first want to thank you for the link on your spot *big ol grin* I had to come by and check you out since I saw you on millie's blog:)

I used to be a teacher for 9 1/2 years and yes it is rewarding and the Lord has blessed me for my work:)

I just recently made a career change and I have to say that I will miss working qith the children but I am looking forward to a new and rewarding experince:)

I absolutly applaud you for wanting to work with children and I will pray your success in this wonderful feild:)

I too have a *slight* (ha ha ha) Shoe Fetish..well if you count 250 pairs slight:)

bye girl:)

It seems like it is so hard to reveal all of your facets to a person...I think it would take me years to introduce them all to anybody. I am just discovering some of them myself...lol...but as they come I make sure that they are known.

Why here comes a facet now, my friends call me Millie, hence Dee-Dee's reference to Millie's blog...Shhhh...don't tell anyone...lol

Great Post as usual

Dee-Dee...
You are so welcome. I went to your blog and found another sista of faith so I had to link up! I would say 250 pairs definately puts you into shoe fetish territory. I'm just waiting to get a bigger closet, then I'll give you a run for your money.

Nameliar...
I agree with you and that's why it's important to find someone willing to go through the process with you. If he ain't trying to know the facets you're already aware of then he definately ain't trying to discover more with you later. Can I get an amen?!
And thanks bcuz you know a sista was sitting here saying in a stage whisper "Who is Millie?!" LOL

I had an issue like this, too. In my last relationship I felt like I had to kind of "dumb down" for lack of a better term, who I am. At heart, I'm a nerd who likes to read and think. I had to downplay that facet of who I am to make a go of it. It didn't work and subsequently the relationship sank.

Do you, Mama.

I see why you talked to God, As a brother who has visited denver I feel sorry for you sister. All I see is jungle fever when I go visit

This was a deep post. I made a couple of my friends read it as well. Very thought provoking. Made me sit down and think about all the facets of my life too. Thanks.

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates