« Home | Zakee » | Fetish » | He didn't ask the right question » | Letter of Interludes » | Y chromosome » | Getting’ in the Zone » | Father's Day » | Oh my Gawd! » | I Love Me Some Ray » | Adult Eyes » 

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 

$95.22

My boyfriend is currently in jail. No correction, he's in prison. We've been together a year and six months. He's been in prison eight months. For eight months I've been holding things together at home. Overseeing his bank account - now depleted, taking care of his business - keeping state paperwork up to date, calling and checking on appeals, making requests for medical care and on and on.

Lately he's been on a tear about reestablishing his business; wanting to have things in place when he's released in late January/early February. So he's been sending me lists of things to do; "honey do" lists. And since I'm mostly off during the summer months, I've been spending my time getting way too intimate with the trucking business.

Don't get me wrong, I applaude what he's trying to create. And I believe he will be successful. But I also have my own responsibilities. For eight months I have in essence been overseeing two households; managing two lives. In the midst of all that I've made every effort to visit him twice a month, make sure he has some comforts while he's incarcerated (thus his depleted bank account), speak to him on the phone once or twice a week, write him letters two to three times a week.

In return I've gotten... more "honey do" lists. Exhaustion. Depression. Hurt. Anger. Disappointment. Then the final straw the other day. During a phone call last week (collect, by the way) he says "I guess that shows I'm not a priority in your life..." all because he didn't get a packet of information in the mail on Friday. I'm killing myself managing two households, two sets of responsibilities so he has something to come home to and he's not a priority in my life?! What-the-f*ck-ever! Let me show you what it means when you are not a priority in my life!

Meanwhile I just got my latest phone bill... $95.22

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates