« Home | Hosea » | $95.22 » | Zakee » | Fetish » | He didn't ask the right question » | Letter of Interludes » | Y chromosome » | Getting’ in the Zone » | Father's Day » | Oh my Gawd! » 

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 

Bringing Tears

I read a lot. I always have. In college I started reading historical romances. I don't remember how I got started but I was hooked. I think it was the combination of history (I've always been a history buff) and romance (I'm a closet romantic, too). Somehow I got a hold of a book by Virgina Henley and it was on after that. I read everything I could find by her, even going to book resale stores to find old titles.

If you've ever read a historical romance novel, you know the basic plot. Strong, virile, warrior (or warrior type), prince (or prince equivalent) meets beautiful, young, firm, spirited, VIRGIN woman. Both fight their attraction to each other amid some danger that threatens the village / kingdom / clan. Eventually they find themselves in bed and the sex is phenomenal - so much so he is irrevocably changed and she has an orgasm which drives her to tears.

Yeah, I know - totally unrealistic. But hey, I was hooked. And when I got tired of ivory-skinned, porcelain-skinned, long blond / brunette / red-headed women, I stumbled upon Beverly Jenkins. Oh yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! Historical romances with Black people in them. Those I could relate to, for real.

The plot for these novels? Strong, virile, warrior (or warrior type), prince (or prince equivalent) meets beautiful, young, firm, spirited, VIRGIN woman. Both fight their attraction to each other amid some danger that threatens the town / village / family. Eventually they find themselves in bed and the sex is phenomenal - so much so he is irrevocably changed and she has an orgasm which drives her to tears. Wow! That's different!

Okay, so not so much different. And as hooked as I was I wasn't buying it all. Sex changes men? Men realize after one hot, sexual encounter they are actually in love with the woman they've been arguing with for the past three days / months /years? Orgasms so good they make you cry?

Humph!
Not buying it...
At least until last night.

Last night I had a dream experience. (I distinctly remember being asleep.) He was a strong, virile warrior King but he didn't fight his attraction to me and he wouldn't let me fight mine to him. He spoke softly but firmly. He told me what he would do to me; then he made me feel it. He commanded me to let go; then he made me do it. He told me to jump; then he softened my landing. He took me to orgasm - one that brought me to tears.

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates