« Home | Guest Appearance I » | Bringing Tears » | Hosea » | $95.22 » | Zakee » | Fetish » | He didn't ask the right question » | Letter of Interludes » | Y chromosome » | Getting’ in the Zone » 

Thursday, August 11, 2005 

Bread of Heaven

Another late night phone call.
After, she lie awake wondering why. Why, once again, was she runner up? Why was she someone's "other?" Why was she not good enough to come second (only to God) in someone's life, instead of third or fourth or fifth or...? Why wasn't she enough to inspire commitment?
And she lie awake asking when. When would God answer her prayers? When would God provide someone (human) to provide for her (human) needs? When would God bless her with a love she could call her own?
Eons ago a friend once said, "You don't know what God has in store a year from now?" While she knew that was true, she was starting to lose the battle of hope, the battle of faith. Especially when she felt rejected over and over again. Depressed she fell into a fitful sleep, dreams of being shunned haunting her. Only to wake the next day and find this in her email inbox...
God has wonderful plans for your life
What's in store for you?

The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too.
Isaiah 58:11 NLT
Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah
Pilgrim through this barren land
I am weak, but Thou art mighty
Hold me with Thy powerful hand
Bread of heaven
Feed me till I want no more
Feed me till I want no more.
William Williams

A Step at a Time
Wouldn't you like to know now what is in store for you a year from now? God leads us a day a time, a step at a time. No need to worry about distant events. The Welsh hymn writer William Williams compared the Christian life to the Israelite's trek through the wilderness. We may not know the route by which God is leading us, but we humbly count on His guidance.

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates