« Home | Gettin' the Heck Outta Dodge! » | Facets » | I want you » | Frustration vs Fatigue » | Guest Appearance III » | Someone Finally Found Me! » | 21 questions (give or take 35) » | He makes me wet » | Angel in a Box » | Bread of Heaven » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

Back in Black

Well, I'm back. Actually been back since Sunday, at work bright and early on Monday. Things went well back east as they always do. It was absolutely wonderful to be surrounded by a large group of educators who are passionate about what they do and their kids. I love it! One lady asked me to come work in their district and honestly, after my first training trip back in the summer, I said to myself "I could work here fo' real!"

I know every district has its issues, problems, etc but it just seems to me if you have teachers who genuinely want to teach, are called to teach, are passionate about teaching, like the students they teach all that other ish can be overcome. And that's what I feel when I go to B-more to train.

I wish I could say things went well while I was gone, but at least I can say things didn't blow up. My kids did well but they were left out in the cold - no substitute, so they got shifted around (one class was completely left alone). But they handled themselves well. And I'm proud of them.

But that's not really why I picked up the pen (or keyboard, in this case) tonight, I think. Something is bubbling inside me and I'm not really sure what it is. It may be that Saturday I'm going to visit my ex-fiance and we have to make it official. He's in denial but it's time to lay all the cards on the table and say "gin." Even though I am 68000% sure we do not work as a romantic couple its still a little sad to say "fin." I mean, I was seriously going to spend the rest of my life with the man. But it didn't work out. He's still a good man; just not good for me.

Or it could be him. Oh yes! You knew there was a him (or another him some might say). But believe me when I say he was not the reason for my decision. At least not directly. I mean I didn't decide not to marry because of him. But he did make me realize I want, need and deserve more. There was a time when I hoped I could find it with him, but now I feel that waning. And I'm not sure if its me, him or us. But I feel it fading. And that's sad too because we were making arrangements to finally come together. Oh, well, what u gon' do?

I feel restless. Like something is about to happen, something has got to happen. I feel unsettled. A storm is just beyond the horizon and the landscape will be much different when it passes over. Some relationships may still be standing while others will just be fond memories of what was and what could have been.

Girl I know what you mean about the storm brewing I have been feeling it lately as well. I know you can withstand your storm as I can mine.
Saying "gin" is always hard even when you know its the best thing.
I'll loan you my power of spice...I was a huge Spice Girls fan, don't laugh...lol. So in the words of the Spice Girls.."Girl Power!"

Damn I can't believe I just revealed that I am a Spice Girls fan...this will so ruin my street credit.LOL

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates