« Home | Facets » | I want you » | Frustration vs Fatigue » | Guest Appearance III » | Someone Finally Found Me! » | 21 questions (give or take 35) » | He makes me wet » | Angel in a Box » | Bread of Heaven » | Guest Appearance I » 

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 

Gettin' the Heck Outta Dodge!

My Minister of Music at church has a saying whenever someone is irritating him or flaking out on him. He says, "I'm going to write a book. The title will be 'Niggas will lie to you if you let them'." But that's another post for maybe another time.

It is the fourth week of school and a sista is stressed to the max! I seriously think I bit off more than I can chew this time, so I'm drinking water, chewing and swallowing as fast as I can to keep from choking.

My room is a mess. My planning is last minute. My class is full to capacity. People are dropping by my door asking me for information on everything from curriculum to "Where are the janitors?" Like I'm supposed to know that shyt! My principal, while not as much ghost as he was last year, is still not all there.

But, hallelujah! I'm leaving on a red eye tomorrow night for the east coast to do my second love and relatively new second job. I will be training a group of teachers on the curriculum I teach and I am excited to just get away. I don't even care I'll be arriving at 5 am EST. I'll be away for the weekend, able to leave the chaos behind.

At least until Monday...

On the not so chaos tip, I've been working out with a personal trainer for almost 4 weeks now and my body is beginning to feel like my body again. When I went shopping for trainers, I contemplated asking for a brotha. But when I went I met the manager, a white woman, who was really helpful and set up my consultation. It turns out they assign you to two trainers so you can change up your workout. My second trainer just happens to be a brotha and he kicks my a** at least once a week! I mean this man tortures me! But he also is very encouraging and helpful. I think I might make him my main trainer.

Hey, I'm single and I'm feeling good. Better things may just start happening in my love life now.

Girl I know what you mean about getting the heck out of dodge. I can't wait until its time for my vacation in November. I'm leaving all these knee-growz behind and I won't even have a second thought about them.

Enjoy your weekend.

Chaos...it's feuls us don't it?:)

I wanna go on vacation...
*Dee-Dee whinning like a spoiled brat*

Enjoy:)

How'z about leaving a gig and being at a new gig for just two months WITH NO TIME IN BETWEEN!!! That's what I did this summer and that really sux. 'Cuz I won't get a chance to go on vacation for at least another year!

Yo peeps!

The cool thing about this weekend get away is while I get a reprieve from the madness at my school, I'm still working and making money. Making more money than I make daily at my regular teaching gig. So I get to travel, rest, and make money. I am so blessed!

Zed - I'm sorry, man. That's one of the perks of teaching, built in vacation through out the school year and then over the summer.

your comment posted before mine so I could'nt shout you out love...sorry:(

You are right about "God knew we wouldn't give them the time of day" statment...lol:)

He knew what was up!

Post a Comment
Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates