« Home | Letter of Interludes » | Y chromosome » | Getting’ in the Zone » | Father's Day » | Oh my Gawd! » | I Love Me Some Ray » | Adult Eyes » | Lesson learned » 

Thursday, July 21, 2005 

He didn't ask the right question

Ever heard the saying, "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to?" Most of us practice it every day. We actively avoid what we know to be the truth because if we acknowledge it then we just may have to act on it. And that's really the problem. That's where all our insecurities come to play.

It's the same reason we don't speak certain things. Words have power. Once you've said it out loud then you've got to deal with it. So we don't say it. Hey, if it's only in my head then only I and God know.

What he asked:
Him: "Are you going to marry him?"
Me: "Probably."
Him: "Do you love him?"
Me: "Yes."
Him: "Are you in love with him?"
Me: "Yes."

What he should've asked:
Him: "Why are you going to marry him?"
Him: "Do you love me?"
Him: "Are you in love with me?"
Him: "Will you marry me?"

But he didn't ask the right question... and I didn't say a word.

Yahoo! Avatars

About me

  • I'm toneec42
  • From Denver, Colorado, United States
My profile

Links

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from toneec42. Make your own badge here.
  • Blogger Templates
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates